Main Road, Theberton, Leiston, IP16
- Property Summary
An individual barn style dwelling, set in 1.25 acres in the heart of the village of Theberton, not far from the Heritage Coast.
- Accommodation Summary
• Individual Barn Style Modern Dwelling
- Property Attributes
- Full Property Description
- The Granary is situated in the heart of Theberton, approximately four miles south east of the A12 at Yoxford and a similar distance north east of Saxmundham. The Minsmere Nature Reserve is approximately three miles to the east and Saxmundham lies some four miles to the south west and is by-passed by the A12, which in turn gives access to Ipswich to the south.
- THE PROPERTY
- The Granary is a barn style modern dwelling built in 2002, presenting predominantly weather boarded elevations under a pantiled roof. The property is unusual for a modern dwelling in that it stands in approximately 1.25 acres (STS) of garden and paddock.
- THE ACCOMMODATION
- A stable door leads into the . . .
- RECEPTION HALL
- With window to the side, boarded floor, built-in storage cupboard and cupboard housing the hot water cylinder.
- SITTING ROOM
- With windows to the front and rear. The focal point of the room is a feature brick fireplace with timber bressumer over. The floor is boarded and there are glazed external doors to the front and rear. The stairs to the first floor rise from this room.
- BEDROOM TWO
- With window to the rear. This room enjoys views over the rear garden and the field.
- BEDROOM THREE
- With windows to the front and rear and half glazed external doors to the rear. Currently used as an additional sitting room.
- BEDROOM FOUR/STUDY
- With window to the side and built-in storage cupboard.
- SHOWER ROOM
- With frosted window to the side aspect. Fitted with a three piece white suite comprising Jacuzzi power shower, pedestal wash hand basin and low level WC.
- With windows to both aspects. The kitchen is fitted with a range of wall and base units with wooden work surfaces, Belfast sink unit, island unit with Stoves range style cooker (which will remain). Built-in appliances include an integral fridge and freezer. There is a half glazed external door to the north and the kitchen floor is fully tiled. Door to . . .
- UTILITY ROOM
- With a range of matching wall and base units with a ceramic sink unit with single drainer, plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher. Stable type external door to the north. Tiled floor and door to the GARAGE.
- ON THE FIRST FLOOR
- MASTER BEDROOM
- An extremely light bedroom with full height glazing to the "A" frame to the east, providing views over the rear garden and fields.
- EN-SUITE BATHROOM
- With window to the side aspect and fitted with a three piece white suite comprising panelled bath with shower over, pedestal wash hand basin and low level WC.
- The property is approached over a shingle driveway which leads in via a five bar gate where there is parking and a turning area with a wooden bin store erected. The driveway then sweeps into a cobbled courtyard to the south west of the main property. Immediately to the rear of The Granary is a paved terrace, beyond which there are lawned gardens which extend away as far as an area of decking and further lawns and fruit trees to the south. The land immediately behind the rear garden has been left in a natural state and produces a large number of wild flowers and encourages wildlife. There is a timber, felt and glazed SUMMER HOUSE with its own veranda and which is currently used as a gym. The rear garden also houses a timber and felt gazebo. The gardens and grounds in all extend to approximately 1.25 acres (STS).
- Proceed north on the A12 as far as Yoxford and then turn right on the Middleton Road (B1122). Stay on this road through Middleton and into Theberton, where The Granary will be found on the left hand side in the heart of the village having just past the church.
- Mains water and drainage, electricity and telephone. Suffolk Coastal District Council.
MAINTAINED SCHOOL SECONDARYHeadteacher: Mr Ian Flintoff
304 boys, 338 girls
(2.46 miles)Ages: 11-18yrs
ACADEMY SECONDARYHeadteacher: Mr Philip Hurst Ba, Ma, Mba
539 boys, 584 girls
(10.11 miles)Ages: 11-18yrs
ACADEMY SECONDARYHeadteacher: Mr Andrew Bloom
159 boys, 149 girls
(13.68 miles)Ages: 11-16yrs
ACADEMY SECONDARYHeadteacher: Ms Sue Hargadon Ba Ma
938 boys, 975 girls
(14.68 miles)Ages: 11-18yrs
MAINTAINED SCHOOL PRIMARYExecutive Headteacher: Mrs Cathryn Benefer
20 boys, 26 girls
(1.28 miles)Ages: 4-11yrs
MAINTAINED SCHOOL PRIMARYHeadteacher: Mrs J Croft
132 boys, 134 girls
ADDRESSKing George's Avenue,
(2.35 miles)Ages: 3-11yrs
MAINTAINED SCHOOL PRIMARYHeadteacher: Mr Adrian Crossland
57 boys, 54 girls
(3.20 miles)Ages: 4-11yrs
MAINTAINED SCHOOL PRIMARYHeadteacher: Mrs Cathryn Benefer
24 boys, 19 girls
(3.22 miles)Ages: 4-11yrs