Shawfield Street, London, SW3
SOLD Nov 2012
- Property Summary
This beautifully presented house has superb entertaining areas with two west facing terraces and a west facing garden, an elegant raised ground floor drawing room and excellent kitchen/breakfast room with additional sitting area/dining…
This beautifully presented house has superb entertaining areas with two west facing terraces and a west facing garden, an elegant raised ground floor drawing room and excellent kitchen/breakfast room with additional sitting area/dining room. In addition, there are three/four bedrooms with air conditioning in the top floor principal bedroom. The house is just south of Kings Road convenient for all the shops, bars and restaurants with the nearest underground station at Sloane Square.
- Accommodation Summary
3/4 BEDROOMS, 2 BATHROOMS (1 EN SUITE), DOUBLE RECEPTION ROOM, KITCHEN/DINING ROOM, FAMILY ROOM, UTILITY ROOM, CLOAKROOM, GARDEN, ROOF TERRACE, 2 STORAGE VAULTS
- Property Attributes
- Roof Terrace
- Full Property Description
- GROUND FLOOR
- ENTRANCE HALL
- Radiator with granite top. Ceiling coving and corbels.
- DRAWING ROOM
- A bright, well proportioned room with deep bay window with tall sash windows with plantation shutters. Gas log effect fire basket with fine carved stone mantelpiece above, flanked by display shelving. Additional corner shelving. Recessed ceiling lighting. Two tall glass doors leading through to...
- Decked with uplighters with two structural glass panels through to the lower ground floor.
- HALF-LANDING BETWEEN GROUND AND R
- Landing with built-in bookshelves. Door to...
- Wood flooring. WC. Display shelving. Window.
- Beautifully appointed and tiled in dark slate. Bath with mixer tap and separate hand shower attachment. WC. Broad wash hand basin with twin mixer taps with slate countertop, overhead lighting and built-in mirrors. Two deep storage cupboards providing shelving. Tall sash window overlooking gardens with plantation shutters.
- FIRST FLOOR
- Bright having two tall sash windows. Display shelving. Two deep wardrobes providing both hanging and shelving.
- BEDROOM/LAUNDRY ROOM
- Enjoying a pretty view over the garden, currently arranged as a laundry room. A range of built-in cupboards providing hanging and shelving and housing pressurised hot water system. A range of wall and base units. Stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Appliances include Miele washing machine with Miele tumble dryer.
- HALF-LANDING BETWEEN FIRST AND SR
- ROOF TERRACE
- Bright and west-facing. Decked with frosted glass screen. Built-in barbeque.
- SECOND FLOOR
- Well proportioned with a range of display shelving. Fitted cupboards providing hanging and shelving. Air conditioning. Door through to...
- SHOWER ROOM
- Well appointed with tiled double-width shower with glazed screen with broad overhead rose. WC. Wide wash hand basin with twin mixer taps and storage below.
- HALF-LANDING BETWEEN GROUND AND R
- Wood flooring. A range of display shelving with tall sash window with a pretty outlook over the garden.
- LOWER GROUND FLOOR
- Accessed via a staircase with low-level lighting with polished plaster walls. Door to...
- KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM
- Beautifully appointed with a range of wall and base units with stainless steel countertop. Appliances include a Gaggenau five-ring gas hob with Gaggenau stainless steel extractor hood above and Gaggenau fan-assisted oven and grill below. Gaggenau American-style fridge/freezer with ice and cool-water dispenser. Gaggenau coffee machine and Gaggenau plate warmer. Gaggenau wine fridge. Central island with raised wooden breakfast bar with granite worksurface, twin sinks with mixer tap and extending rinsing hose, waste disposal unit, Quooker boiling water dispenser. Additional cupboards providing shelving. Fisher & Paykel double dishwasher drawers and display shelving. Bay window with sash windows with plantation shutters.
- BREAKFAST AREA
- Space for table and chairs. Deep understairs cupboard providing shelving and larder. Partially open to...
- FAMILY ROOM
- With a range of display shelving and drawers with overhead lighting and built-in speakers. Folding glass doors out to...
- WEST-FACING GARDEN
- Paved in York stone with raised beds and mature shrubs including wisteria. Door to outside storage storage area.
- Having separate access to the front lightwell and therefore access to the street. WC. Wash hand basin. Extractor fan.
MAINTAINED SCHOOL SECONDARYHeadteacher: Dr T Papworth
368 boys, 247 girls
(0.39 miles)Ages: 11-16yrs
ACADEMY SECONDARYPrincipal: Mrs Samantha Green
662 boys, 534 girls
(1.20 miles)Ages: 11-19yrs
ACADEMY SECONDARYHeadteacher: Mr David Maloney
726 boys, 22 girls
ADDRESS55 Palace Street,
(1.31 miles)Ages: 11-18yrs
ACADEMY PRIMARY, SECONDARYHeadmaster: Mr David McFadden Msc
1254 boys, 73 girls
(1.35 miles)Ages: 7-18yrs
MAINTAINED SCHOOL PRIMARYHeadteacher: Ms Avis Hawkins
99 boys, 109 girls
ADDRESS1 Robinson Street,
(0.18 miles)Ages: 5-11yrs
MAINTAINED SCHOOL PRIMARYHeadteacher: Mr P Ward
112 boys, 96 girls
(0.29 miles)Ages: 5-11yrs
MAINTAINED SCHOOL PRIMARYHeadteacher: Ms Jessica Finer
128 boys, 137 girls
(0.32 miles)Ages: 3-11yrs
MAINTAINED SCHOOL PRIMARYHeadteacher: Miss D Welbourne
110 boys, 126 girls
(0.50 miles)Ages: 3-11yrs
Sloane Square Zone 1
South Kensington Zone 1
Gloucester Road Zone 1
Knightsbridge Zone 1