Margaretta Terrace, Chelsea, SW3
SOLD Dec 2012
- Property Summary
Behind a charming and discreet fašade, 31 Margaretta Terrace is on a different scale to the other houses in this attractive tree lined terrace in the heart of Old Chelsea, well known for its architectural merit. Extending to some…
Behind a charming and discreet fašade, 31 Margaretta Terrace is on a different scale to the other houses in this attractive tree lined terrace in the heart of Old Chelsea, well known for its architectural merit. Extending to some 3,000 square feet (278.7 m▓) on ground and two upper floors only, with a large garden, double garage and off street parking, this fine Listed house offers a generous and comfortable family home as well as excellent space for entertaining. The house faces south over the front gardens of the other houses on the terrace. Approached through a garden, the front door opens into a wide entrance hall with a delightful dining room (currently used as a sitting room) adjoining. At the rear there is a magnificent garden room (24'7'' x 19'4'') opening through French windows on two sides into a secluded garden (56'9'' x 33'9''). There is planning consent to extend the property in the rear garden, adjoining the kitchen and the garage, with internal access from the kitchen, study and garage.
- Accomodation Summary
5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (1 en suite), dressing room, drawing room, dining room, study, kitchen, garden room, utility room, garden, double garage and off-street parking
- Property Attributes
- Private Parking/Garage
- Full Property Description
- GROUND FLOOR
- The house is approached through a charming front garden with a high hedge and flowerbeds containing camellia. Box hedging alongside the off-street parking space.
- ENTRANCE HALL
- A wide hall providing a charming introduction to this most interesting property with corniced ceiling and oak flooring throughout. A sash window and wide easy staircase which leads to the first floor.
- DINING ROOM
- A lovely room with a high corniced ceiling, built-in bookcase with adjustable shelving and a pair of matching bookcases with cupboards below flanking the original chimney breast. A most attractive feature of this room is the south facing leaded bay window seat overlooking the front garden.
- INNER HALL
- The inner hall has a door leading to the Utility Room. There is a coat cupboard and additional storage space below the staircase. A glass panelled door leads to the kitchen.
- With a sash window overlooking the rear garden and a pair of storage cupboards and shelving.
- UTILITY ROOM
- Fitted with a stainless steel sink, range of storage cupboards and a Potterton gas-fired boiler for central heating and constant hot water. AEG Lavamat washing machine, Philips tumble dryer and a Philips deep freeze.
- Fitted with a deep panelled bath with attractive tiled surround and a brass mixer tap, with hand shower. Wash hand basin set in a deep surround with matching brass taps, cupboard below and WC.
- With an attractive terracotta tiled floor throughout, corniced ceiling and a deep sash window facing the garden. There is an excellent range of fitted cupboards with marble worksurfaces which incorporate a double ceramic sink with mixer tap and a circular recessed wash hand basin with mixer tap and Neff four-ring gas hob. There are matching wall cupboards with concealed lighting and an additional range of glass fronted cupboards. Bosch dishwasher, Electrolux refrigerator, Neff wall oven and Neff microwave.
- GARDEN ROOM
- This is a wonderful room of excellent proportions built by the current owners for comfortable living with a fine corniced ceiling and seven pairs of deep French windows opening into the garden. There is an oak floor and a fireplace has a Herringbone patterned hearth, with a gas supply and a polished ornamental mantel.
- FIRST FLOOR
- DRAWING ROOM
- Facing south west through a pair of French windows with attractive ornamental balconies with an open aspect. There is a high corniced ceiling and fireplace with a carved pine mantel, marble slips and a gas point.
- BEDROOM FIVE
- With sash window overlooking the rear garden, high corniced ceiling and built-in cupboard with shelving to one side of the original chimney breast.
- PRINCIPAL BEDROOM SUITE
- BEDROOM (19'1'' x 15'11'')
- Above the garden room with sash windows and a range of cupboards with hanging space and shelving. There is a fine carved marble mantel with a slate hearth and a door leads into the bathroom en suite.
- BATHROOM EN SUITE
- A pretty and well arranged room with a double open aspect, through two sash windows. There are a pair of matching built-in cupboards, a bath with marble surround, brass mixer tap and hand shower. A pair of matching recessed wash hand basins have brass mixer taps and marble surround. WC and Dimplex heated towel rail.
- DRESSING ROOM
- With an excellent range of hanging space and shelving, with fitted drawers.
- SECOND FLOOR
- The landing has a staircase leading to the attic space.
- REAR BEDROOM
- With a sash window overlooking the rear garden and fitted with a pair of built-in cupboards with corniced ceiling above.
- Fitted with a panelled bath with brass mixer tap and shower, with glass screen. Pair of inset oval wash hand basins with brass taps and cupboards under. WC and Dimplex heated towel rail. There is a sash window with an open aspect to the north.
- BEDROOM EAST
- A sash window has a magnificent view over the front gardens of Margaretta Terrace. There is a built-in cupboard.
- BEDROOM WEST
- The sash window also has an open aspect over Margaretta Terrace. Fitted with a wall of built-in cupboards and a range of adjustable bookshelves.
- The staircase leads to the principal bedroom suite over the garden room.
- REAR GARDEN
- The principal garden area is mainly laid to lawn with brick surround and the raised flowerbeds contain mature shrubs, plants and trees, giving privacy and seclusion. The York stone terrace is approached from French windows on two sides of the garden room with well stocked flowerbeds. Power, water and lighting are available.
- DOUBLE GARAGE
- This provides parking for two cars with an additional parking space outside the garage entrance.
MAINTAINED SCHOOL SECONDARYHeadteacher: Dr T Papworth
368 boys, 247 girls
(0.56 miles)Ages: 11-16yrs
ACADEMY PRIMARY, SECONDARYHeadmaster: Mr David McFadden Msc
1254 boys, 73 girls
(1.18 miles)Ages: 7-18yrs
ACADEMY SECONDARYPrincipal: Mrs Samantha Green
662 boys, 534 girls
(1.38 miles)Ages: 11-19yrs
ACADEMY SECONDARYHeadteacher: Mr David Maloney
726 boys, 22 girls
ADDRESS55 Palace Street,
(1.51 miles)Ages: 11-18yrs
MAINTAINED SCHOOL PRIMARYHeadteacher: Ms Avis Hawkins
99 boys, 109 girls
ADDRESS1 Robinson Street,
(0.20 miles)Ages: 5-11yrs
MAINTAINED SCHOOL PRIMARYHeadteacher: Mr P Ward
112 boys, 96 girls
(0.32 miles)Ages: 5-11yrs
MAINTAINED SCHOOL PRIMARYHeadteacher: Ms Jessica Finer
128 boys, 137 girls
(0.45 miles)Ages: 3-11yrs
MAINTAINED SCHOOL PRIMARYHeadteacher: Miss Jayne Halliwell
131 boys, 113 girls
(0.45 miles)Ages: 3-11yrs
South Kensington Zone 1
Sloane Square Zone 1
Gloucester Road Zone 1